Liberty Arts Submission Rules & Guidelines
For Community Exhibits and Group Shows, Liberty Arts makes a public Call for Entries 6-8 weeks prior to the opening.
Each artist can submit up to three (3) pieces for consideration. The entry fee of $10 applies only to work that is accepted and is per artist, not per piece.
Work submitted should not have been shown previously at Liberty Arts.
All submissions must be submitted by the deadline date.
The submitted work is viewed by a jury which usually includes the Curator and Exhibition Team. When the submission deadline expires, final decisions are made and Artists are contacted with the results of their entry.
If accepted, Artists are informed when to deliver their work to the gallery. There is a $10 entry fee per artist for accepted work only.
DISCLAIMER: Depending on space, Liberty Arts reserves the right to pull pieces at the last minute, due to space constraints or to create the strongest show possible. As the show is installed, a new clarity often emerges that may affect previous decisions and call for new ones.
Please submit work before midnight of the due date via email to:
Or via snail mail to:
108 W. Miner ST.
Yreka CA, 96097
To Submit Your Work please include the following information for each piece (up to 3 pieces):
1. Contact information: Name, Phone, Email Address, and Web site (if applicable)
2. Title, Dimensions, Materials of artwork
3. A digital image in JPEG format of your artwork (no bigger than 500kb) Please send your image/s as attachments rather than in the body of the email.
NOTE: If you are unable to email an image please make other arrangements for the curators to review your work by calling the gallery at 530.842.0222 right away.
4. Price of the artwork if it is for sale
5. All wall pieces must arrive ready to be hung/installed as follows …
- All work must be framed.
- Gallery wrapped canvases are acceptable where the staples used to secure the canvas are not visible. The sides of the canvas are prepared in the same manner as the face or front. They may then be painted a solid color or painted to continue the image appearing on the face. This method of stretching and preparing a canvas allows for a frame-less presentation of the finished painting or photograph.
- All work must be securely wired with wire appropriate for the weight of the work or with D-rings for heavier works … saw-tooth hangers are not reliable and are not recommended.
6. Each piece must be identified with the name of the artist and the title of the work on the back.
1. If your work is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions reminding you when to bring your work
2. All work must be delivered to Liberty Arts Gallery at 108 W. Miner St., Yreka, CA 96097